Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DAY 33 - HIGH COTTON


I didn't get a chance to post a photo yesterday so here is one I took a few days ago. There is a small farmhouse along East Cherokee Drive amid the large subdivisions of brick, stone and stucco. The surroundings are always neat and trimmed. The owners have a small garden to the side of their house where they grow their own vegetables, etc. In the fall you can see cotton blooming and when they harvest the cotton they always leave the row closest to the road unpicked. My grandfather was a cotton farmer. This house and cotton field always remind me of him. Maybe that's why this landowner left one row of cotton unpicked...........to remind us all how it used to be.

1 comment:

  1. Very Pretty Kathi!

    I make Bill pull over when we are down-east and I see "abandoned" cotton. I confess to snag a full pod that was on the ground. I can't explain what about it that makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete